A delicious meal the man of the house can make!
600 g boerewors
1 onion cut in half moon slices
2.5 ml (½ t) dry mixed herbs
10 ml (2 t) curry powder
410 g (1 tin) chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
400 g (1 tin) baked beans or lentils
250 ml (1 c) boiling water
2 ml turmeric
5 ml (1 t) garlic and herb spice (Ina Paarman)
10 ml (2 t) oil
pinch of salt and pepper
250 ml (1 c) couscous
- Fry wors in frying pan with some water till done. Allow to cool off and cut into bite-sized chunks.
- Heat some oil and sauté onion and herbs till onion is soft. Add curry powder and sauté for one minute.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook till warmed through.
- Add beans or lentils and chunks of boerewors. Cook till warmed through.
- Couscous Heat water, turmeric, garlic and herb spice, oil, salt and pepper in saucepan to boiling point.
- Remove saucepan from stove and stir in couscous. Replace lid and leave aside for five minutes till couscous are swollen.
- Separate couscous with fork.
- Spoon couscous in bowls and top with wors chunks.
- Serve warm.