Singer Andriëtte Norman shares her recipe for easy Thai chicken with us
She loves cooking when she is at home. She adores her mom’s bean stew as well as chef Nic van Wyk’s food. She would like to travel to France and Belgium as well as Cuba. “I have heard their food is delicious …”
Easy Thai Chicken
a little oil
1 onion, sliced
1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green sweet pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
20 ml (4 t) Portuguese spices (Robertson)
15 ml (1 e) Cajun spices (Ina Paarman)
salt and pepper to season
100 g (1 packet) salted cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
250 g (1 packet) egg noodles
- Heat oil and sauté onion till soft and slightly caramelised. Add sweet peppers and sauté a bit longer. Dish out and keep mixture to one side.
- Heat more oil and fry chicken strips together with Portuguese and Cajun spices until cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cashew nuts and onion and sweet pepper mixture to chicken strips in pan.
- Fill deep saucepan with 750 ml (3 c) boiling water on medium heat. Add egg noodles. Simmer for 5 minutes until all liquid is absorbed. These noodles are not drained.
- Dish cooked egg noodles into pan with chicken strips.
- Serve immediately.