These muffins are a treat! Make them for yourself, your friends and family!
500 ml (2 c) cake flour
20 ml (4 t) baking powder
1 ml salt
pinch cayenne pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
5 00 ml (2 c) cheddar cheese, grated
10 ml (2 t) fresh parsley, chopped
250 ml (1 c) full cream milk
60 ml (4 T) oil
2 extra large eggs
125 g (¼ block) butter
15 ml (1 tbsp) Marmite
Heat oven to 180 °C.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper together.
- Stir onion, cheese and parsley into flour mix until well mixed.
- Beat milk, oil and eggs together.
- Mix egg mixture and flour mixture until dough forms. Be careful not to over-mix the dough.
- Spoon dough into tray with 12 muffin cups lined with paper cases or well sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked right through; test with wooden skewer.
- Top layer Melt butter and Marmite together in microwave.
- Pierce muffins with skewer as soon as they come out of the oven and pour warm butter and Marmite mix over them immediately.
- Serve lukewarm with butter and cheese.