Actress Anel Alexander shares her recipe for a vegetarian salad with us
Anel is from a family that loves good food and company. “At the moment I am totally crazy about Thai food,” she says. Her food philosophy is to keep it fresh and simple.”Eat food as close as possible to nature.”
1 bunch fresh beetroot
45 ml (3 T) olive oil
45 ml (3 T) balsamic vinegar
fresh rosemary, to taste
8 young baby marrows, cut into thin slices
1 packet of young string beans
1 packet sugar snaps
200 g (1 packet) baby spinach
1 slice feta cheese /gorgonzola of goat’s milk cheese, crumbed
50 g (½ packet) flaked almonds
45 ml (3 T) lemon juice
60 ml (4 T) olive oil
2,5 ml (½ t) Dijon mustard
10 ml (2 t) soft brown sugar or fructose
Pinch of salt, pepper
3 chives, chopped
Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Peel and cut beetroot. Place in roasting pan.
- Add olive oil, balsemic vinegar and rosemary. Mix well.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 40 to 60 minutes. Stir every 20 minutes. Test with a knife, beetroot should be soft. Keep to one side until cool.
- Mix babby marrows, string beans, sugar snaps and baby spinach. Divide between serving plates.
- Sprinkle beetroot, cheese and almonds on top.
- Dressing. Put ingredients in a suitable container and shake until well mixed.
- Serve dressing separately.