a big dollop of butter
600 g chicken breasts, cubed
7.5 ml (1½ t) ground garam masala
5 ml (1 t) ground ginger
7.5 ml (1½ t) ground coriander
7.5 ml (1½ t) ground cumin
20 ml (4 t) cake flour
250 ml (1 c) warm chicken stock
2 ml dried mixed spice
410 g (1 tin) tomato purée
2 ml salt
pepper to taste
250 ml (1 c) Greek yoghurt
250 ml (1 c) cream
- Melt butter in frying pan and fry chicken pieces in batches till done.
- Add garam masala, ginger, coriander and cumin. Stir fry for two minutes for the aromas to develop. Mix in cake flour till mixed through.
- Mix chicken stock, herbs, tomato purée, salt and pepper and pour over the chicken in the frying pan.
- Put frying pan’s lid on and cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Mix in yoghurt and cream and warm through. Don’t let it boil, otherwise it might curdle.
- Serve with rice or carbs of choice.