500 g (1 pack) spaghetti
CHICKEN AND OLIVE SAUCE
1 onion, chopped
4 chicken breasts, skinned, deboned and cubed
salt and pepper to taste
15 ml (1 T) cake flour
1 0 calamata olives, pitted and halved
45 ml (3 T) olive pesto (Ina Paarman)
250 ml (1 c) cream
125 ml (½ c) full-cream milk
30 ml (2 T) fresh parsley, chopped
20 cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
- Cook spaghetti till al dente in boiling water with some oil and salt.
- Drain and stir some more oil through to keep spaghetti from sticking together.
- Chicken and olive sauce Heat some oil and sauté onion till soft.
- Add chicken breasts and fry in batches till browned.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll fried chicken pieces in cake flour, olives and pesto.
- Add cream and milk slowly while stirring. Simmer till cream is just warm.
- Stir chicken mixture into spaghetti.
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle parsley and cashew nuts on top.